Sunday, March 8, 2009

All I can see is sunshine.

Yesterday morning, I was given a Dardos award by a fellow blogger and I was truly honored. I read the description of the award and I got all tingly.

The Dardos Award is given for cultural, literary, and personal values in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

I listed the five blogs I wanted to give the award to and since yesterday, another two have given me the award. I can't contain myself, it's a big thing for your family or your friends to say you're a good writer but for your peers, the people who do the same thing you do to say that you're good - is indescribable.

Last night, I went to the biggest concert of the year here, the last reunion show of the Eraserheads. My dad, being the producer and somehow mentor of the band, got VIP tickets for us and I watched. Watching the show gave me goosebumps. I realized again just how prolific they were, how much impact they had on Filipino music and knowing that my dad produced the songs, did the albums and taught them a lot made me want the same for myself. I want to do something that'll lead generations, not just mine but the ones after me.

Now realize that I don't want to write for a fashion magazine anymore, I want to review albums and songs for the rest of my life. I want to do something I truly love but I also want to do something close to home. I want to say that I had a hand in defining generations, I want to inspire people to do the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment